Is this schizo?

I had a very close relative who has been experiencing thoughts of people conspiring against her,(she has been an extreme alcoholic for years now) she's hearing them speak about her in a matter where she thinks they are plotting against her or want to kill her. She's fine around people as long as they are directly speaking to her and not at a distance on the phone or talking to someone else in a different room. She's not hearing any other voices besides the ones that are the people talking at a distance and not directly at her. Also has thoughts of the government using satellites/all types of technology to spy on her and possibly having an implant in her body that tracks her location. I just want to have an inkling of what's going on and if someones loved one is experiencing a similar thing, since she refuses to seek medical care.
Voices are common for most patients that suffer from permanent psychosis I suffer from schizophrenia I hear voices that have conversations with each other meds are a must for rest of my life  I attend group therapy because I want to help others hope this helps:)
Offhand these symptoms of paranoia and constantly hearing voices sounds like a psychotic disorder.   Whether or not is sz only a psychiatrist can tell.   These symptoms can be part of hypermania  and schizoaffective disorder too.    

You are reading content posted in the Mental Health Issues Community

15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area