Mental Health Issues Community
198 Members

Psychological or Neurological or Something Else

Hi there,

The problem I have are:
> after falling asleep, wake without realizing and then conversing with the nearby person (I'll be either sitting down or standing as if I'm awake; the person will inform me of the incident the next day in which I have zero recollection of)
> whole body will jerk as if fitting (will be aware a few seconds prior with the sensation as if there is adrenaline or perhaps the adrenaline is real, and blackout right before the jerk -- the person around will inform of the incident the next day)

If any, I've been on anti-epileptics (Keppra, Tegretol, etc.) but they never helped.

I'd like to know what the talking-without-realising-as-if-awake is called and the solution for that if available.

Thanks, in advance.
That's probably troubling that this happens! I know when I'm not in control of myself, I'm very uncomfortable.  I have had an issue of "sleep walking" in my lifetime.  I'm a light sleeper and if something were to bring me out of deep sleep but not fully awake, it was not a good thing.  I woke up running down my street in the middle of the night in a full spring bare foot.  That was probably the worse.  In a nightshirt, as well.  :-o  I woke up laying on a bunch of things in bed with me from another room.  I've woken up hitting my husband on the head with a pillow saying "use your noggin" (he stayed married to me, ha).  And I did it a lot as a kid. Those are some of my examples. My issue was that I'd be woken just slightly and not fully.  Why it hasn't happened in a decade I don't know.  Glad though.  It was disconcerting.  I'd talk to your doctor about it.
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Simple, drug-free tips to banish the blues.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
For many, mental health care is prohibitively expensive. Dr. Rebecca Resnik provides a guide on how to find free or reduced-fee treatment in your area