worried about asbestos exposure

my 2.5 years old daughter was exposed to asbestos insulation from old heater for 2 months while visiting her grandparents. Heater was in her bedroom close to her bed. Asbestos insulation in the heater was in bad condition and asbestos gets airborne when heater is on, which was half the time. She spent 12 hours a day in this room. Besides this exposure she doesn't have any other exposure to this material. My questions are :
1) What is her risk of developing mesothelioma later in life from this exposure, approximately how many %?
2) Is there way to reduce the risk? Is there way her lungs get rid of the asbestos particles in them? Besides her avoiding second hand smoke is there anything else that can be done?

Could someone answer me the questions above please?

Thank you very much in advance!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you seem to be sure it was asbestos & that it was disturbed? are you certain?
there is no way of removing the particles from your body & I dont think there's anything particular you should be doing to avoid the risk of something developing.
Its very difficult to say whether she'll have future problems, but just remember the latency period is very long, so just try & get on & enjoy life.
Helpful - 0

I was just wondering how you & your daughter are & whether you're still worried?

Jampot
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Mesothelioma Community

Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Is your area one of the dirtiest-air cities in the nation?
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.