after 4th miscarriage ive got a sit down appointment at my gp what do i ask

Hi every one this is the 1st week after my 4th loss and the docter has asked me to think of any questions and all the rest of it ... to be honest im really angry coz ive been told with it being my 4th loss but only having 2losses with my fianca whome im with now they wont test till i have a 3rd loss with the same partner ... now this is rediculouse, why put me threw all this again ... SO WHAT SHOULD I WALK INTO HER SURGERY AND ASK? SAY?
I want this more than ever now nd need some answers !!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
sorry for the late reply sweety i didnt realise you had wrote back to me .. thank you so much for spending the time to talk to me.xx
they didnt look into my levels at all hunny .. im so worried for next time, were trying again in november after ive been back to the hospital on the 5th of october so see what they say ...xxxx stay in touch hunny xxx
Helpful - 0
For me the doctor's suspected I have an incompetent cervix with my first loss because I went into preterm labor at 23 weeks without warning. My boyfriend rushed me to the hospital because I was bleeding and my back started hurting really bad. The ER found I was fully dilated and that my placenta had ruptured. They did an emergency c-section to try to save the baby and he lived for 1and1/2hours. The doctor told me because I had dilated fully in such a short time or had been in painless labor for some time indicates an incompetent cervix.

The problem here in the US is that you have to suffer multiple 2nd trimester losses to be offered a cerclage (cervical stitch). My second loss at 20 weeks is more evidence of an incompetent cervix...my water broke at 14 weeks. My doc believes it's because of the pressure that the amniotic sac and baby put on my cervix caused my "weak" cervix to funnel and allowed the sac to rub against my cervix causing my water to break. My RE will argue the need for a cerclage with the perinatologist when I get pregnant again.

Being that your losses are in the first trimester I don't think the cause is an incompetent cervix. Did the doctor monitor your progesterone levels?

My third loss at 5 weeks was most likely due to low progesterone. My progesterone came in low and the doc put me on prometrium but I miscarried the next day I was also given a Progesterone shot because the levels were low and the doc wanted the progesterone to be absorbed faster. I still lost my poppy seed :(. Next time I do another cycle my doc will put me on prometrium after ovulation then the weekly progesterone injection to help support the pregnancy once it's confirmed. At 10-12 weeks they'll put a cerclage in to keep the  
cervix closed and at 17 weeks I'll be given p17 injections to prevent preterm labor.
Helpful - 0
Hi thanks for getting back to me all responses mean alot to me :)
ive recently been to the docs and all she was saying is i will have to reffer you as i carnt answer your questions nd dont specialise in pregnancy ... Only good thing that came from that trip was shes reffered me to see a doctor at my local hospital ...so im waiting for dates to go in, i just hope to get some tests done this time coz i couldnt take another loss.
I just want it so bad xx
Helpful - 0
Hi hunny ive had 4 losses 1st was abt 5weeks.
2nd was 7-8 weeks.
3rd was abt 5-6 weeks.
and 4th i got to 8 weeks again :(
How will i find out if i have an incompetent cervix? and what would they do if i do have it? thanks for getting back to me xx
Helpful - 0
I would see another doctor.  Usually after 2 losses they do testing or send you to a specialist regardless of who ur partner is.  Making a list of questions isn't going to help because how can they answer why when no testing has been done. Good luck
Helpful - 0
How far along were you when you lost your babies? I suffered through three losses two second trimester losses and one early miscarriage. The second trimester losses may be related - incompetent cervix. The early miscarriage could of been to a number of things, they are more common than 2nd trimester losses.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Miscarriages Community

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.