Dear Doctor
I am 40 yrs female working in public health for over 20 years. Past two years I have been experiencing severe burning pain on left hand and numbness in right leg. I had MRI and LP done and the doctor diagonised it as MS. I had steriod injection and intarferon beta for six months. now I am taking oral medicne for immuno suppression. I get relief sometimes but most of the time I have the pain.

How long  should I be taking the medication?
Is it a curable disease?
what other options do I have to get relief from my problem?

This discussion is related to How do I know it is ms?.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello and welcome.

This is not the MS Expert Forum, which has been dormant for a long time now. There is no doctor currently posting there.

We on this forum are MS patients, those being tested, and others interested in the subject. We cannot provide you with any expert advice.

I do want to say, though, that if you have MS it is forever. It is highly recommended that you continue with some MS disease modifying drug. Immunosuppressants can be quite dangerous.

I hope you have a neurologist whom you see regularly. He or she can also give you medications to help with pain.

ess
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Multiple Sclerosis Community