Myositis Community
49 Members

Myositis- but no increased Creatine Kinase?

Hello everybody,
I am a little bit confused about my diagnostical results so far and maybe anyone has an idea about it!
The doctors say I might have Myositis because of my symptoms (weak arms and legs, pain in my arms, legs and skin, muscle and skin atrophy in my arms for years).  They have already made several tests (EMG, ENG, MRI scan, CT scan) which all turned out to be negative with no sign of myositis. My Creatine Kinase, which has been tested several times, has never been increased. They only found myositis- specific antibodies (TIF 1 gamma and PL- 7) in my blood, which are slightly increased. They now want to do a biopsy but I am really not sure if it makes any sense due to all the negative results.
Does anyone has an idea of how significant these myositis- specific antibodies really are for diagnosing myositis when all the other tests are negative?
Hello. Did you ever find an answer to this?
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.