Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.1k Members

Any advice of whats happening to me?

I'm hoping someone could give me an opinion. Since being about 15 i've had a lot of problems with my hips and back and a lot of pain, never could they find a cause but they started to think it was nerve damage, although stopped looking when i fell pregnant three years ago as the pain improved, during that time i also got a lot of headaches but it was after i had my son things got quite strange. After i had my first 2&a half years ago i'd get a terrible pain in my eye that spread up my face and it would go numb and i could barely see out of my eye, for around three months i had this it kept coming and going along with awful headaches. They tried migrane tablets and a few others and nothing worked but it just went. A few months later my headaches would come back theyd last a couple of months and go, and this kept reoccuring. after my second son was born 9 months ago a few weeks on the same thing happened with my eye and face dropping. Again never an answer but with this the headaches were worse and it came with an awful pain around my ribs, like a snack was wrapping round tighter and tighter, the only way to get rid was to be completely flat and wait it would pass after a while. within a couple of months it all stopped, then about 2 months after the rib tightening feeling the headaches, dizzy lightheadedness, the back and hip pain were back . I get cramp/numbness in my hands, sometimes i really struggle to concentrate, e.g. i'll be talking and forget what i was saying or i'll be counting at work and loose track. The dr's seem to have no idea and i really don't know whats happening but i need some sort of answer. Any one have any ideas? x
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379682132
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
Since you correlate pregnancy with your headaches, they could be tension headaches. Usually there is a trigger, like a particular food or light or maybe traveling in a bus etc. Keep a headache log and see what are the common points, what food triggers it and doing what helps reduce the pain (like lying down in your case). Consult your gynecologist and get your blood pressure, diabetes and thyroid status analyzed as any change in this too can cause headaches during or after pregnancy. Another possibility is benign intracranial hypertension. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease