Burning Tongue Syndrome

I have had this allergic reaction once a while when I eat pineapple (not all always), sweating on my scalp with slightly prickly feeling.

I thought I have had some kind of allergy as well developed recently after eating salty and especially sweet stuff, scalp sweating (now I understand this being called "Gustatory Sweat" but not allergy).  This started recurring at the same time as Burning Tongue Syndrome 2 or 3 months ago.  I feel tongue and upper part of inner mouth slightly burned, especially when eating salty foods.  My entire mouth feels funny without being actually burned.  The taste of the same food seems to be less strong, except salty still taste salty.

One mouth ago, I had deep clean on my teeth done, and doc prescribed the mouth wash.  With the prescribed mouth wash and sometimes i carry small travel size Listerine with me.  They kind of burned my mouth even more.

I wonder if the mouth washes make Burning Tongue Syndrome even worse or not!

Are Burning Tongue Syndrome gets worse with Gustatory Sweat, for they all have to do with "nerve" system?

What doctor should I go to if I need one?  Nerologist?

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have no idea about your underlying problem but the mouthwash problem is easy -- stop using it.  Same really with the pineapple -- if it bothers you, don't eat it.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community