Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

I have an enlarged ventricle in my brain, right side.

I recently had a car accident, hit my head, and went to the ER. I had a CAT scan of my head done, and the ER doctor told me that the right ventricle in my brain was enlarged and to have an MRI. I have one scheduled for tomorrow, but what would cause this?? I know that it was not related to my accident or hitting my head, I did not have a concussion. I hit a patch of ice and skidded out.  I have had headaches previously, almost daily, but I thought this was stress related, as my job is stressful. Please help me with some information, I am really scared and anxious, and think of the worse scenarios, such as brain tumor/cancer/etc.... thank you for your time.

Blue6029

This discussion is related to Enlarged brain ventricles.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1508115 tn?1289871004
Hi, my dad has an enlarged ventricle. He got into a car accident, had an MRI & CAT scan. If it doesn't keep swelling he might get a shunt in his brain and can die from it if he hits his head. I'm so scared for him. He has had it for almost a year now. Hasn't gotten better either. We thought it was from stress then he hit a car, and a stop sign. To all you out there always be careful when driving, get your 8 hours of sleep. Please comment. Thanks
   -Hannah Mary
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease