I have an enlarged ventricle in my brain, right side.

I recently had a car accident, hit my head, and went to the ER. I had a CAT scan of my head done, and the ER doctor told me that the right ventricle in my brain was enlarged and to have an MRI. I have one scheduled for tomorrow, but what would cause this?? I know that it was not related to my accident or hitting my head, I did not have a concussion. I hit a patch of ice and skidded out.  I have had headaches previously, almost daily, but I thought this was stress related, as my job is stressful. Please help me with some information, I am really scared and anxious, and think of the worse scenarios, such as brain tumor/cancer/etc.... thank you for your time.

Blue6029

This discussion is related to Enlarged brain ventricles.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, my dad has an enlarged ventricle. He got into a car accident, had an MRI & CAT scan. If it doesn't keep swelling he might get a shunt in his brain and can die from it if he hits his head. I'm so scared for him. He has had it for almost a year now. Hasn't gotten better either. We thought it was from stress then he hit a car, and a stop sign. To all you out there always be careful when driving, get your 8 hours of sleep. Please comment. Thanks
   -Hannah Mary
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community