Make It Stop

I have literally been dizzy for 3 years. It used to be occasional. Now it is daily and impairing my ability to function. I call it dizzy for lack of a better word. I am not spinning, the room is not spinning. More of a lightheaded, feeling of pressure. My ears ring 24 hours a day. There is pressure in my head, but no pain. My ears always felt like they needed to pop but never did. No pain. A week ago my ENT said I have Eustachian tube dysfunction and put tubes in my ears. Head pressure was gone for a few days, but it's back. I have high blood pressure currently under control with medication. I have hypothyroid, also controlled with medication. I have sleep apnea which I use a cpap for. I have a cyst on my ovary that has been there for 3 years and is benign. Not doing anything but sitting there. In the last year I have had the following tests and appointments:

Got new glasses. Went to chiropractor. Saw gastroenterologist and had upper GI and lower GI, everything normal. Saw gynecologist, nothing unusual except the above mentioned cyst. Had CT scan and MRI of head, neurosurgeon says all is normal. Had chest x-rays, nothing unusual. Had blood work, sugar, vitamins, basic metabolic,, everything within normal range. Have had Holter monitor, stress test, echocardiogram....all normal. Saw neurologist, was tapped with hammer, poked with pins and given various touch this do that tests. All normal.

WHY AM I DIZZY ALL THE TIME? I can't function like this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
First question is, did any of this start soon after starting any of your medications?  Second is, do you suffer a lot of allergies?  Did your ENT mention Miniere's Ear?  If the ENT cleared this up with the tubes, did you ask him what that meant for you long-term?  Did you do any follow-up since it helped as to what that meant for you?  Just some thoughts.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community