Neurology Community

Negative tests and Myasthenia Gravis

I was diagnosed with MG in the hosp. by a specialist using the Tensilon test.  It was positive.  Since then all other tests have been negative.  Mestinon and CellCept have lessened my symptoms but I can't find a neuro to treat me since the other tests are negative.  What can I do?
Thanks,
Cy
Hi!

Well, Tensilon test is positive either in myasthenia gravis or in Lambert-Eaton syndrome (an autoimmune disorder where enough acetylcholine is not produced at nerve endings). In Lambert-Eaton syndrome, clinical examination reveals decreased reflexes and EMG and NCV studies are positive for muscle weakness. Please ask your doctor if your symptoms are suggestive of Lambert-Eaton syndrome. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.