Neurology Community
45.2k Members
Avatar universal

Neuro-otologist and neurosurgeons

My son has a large acoustic neuroma in one ear.  Hif family physician sent him to an ENT specialist who told him that if he had surgery he would become deaf in that ear along with a lot of other complication, dizziness, balance problems, facial paralysis and more.  I have been reading and what I have come up with is that he requires 2 surgeons - a neuro-otologist and a neuro surgeon. Where, in Canada, could I find names of this type of practice?   Thanks. I want to see if we have any in Edmonton Alberta.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease