Hello! I'm new here and am experiencing strange symptoms that I cannot get a handle on! I've been to neurologists, however I am a new immigrant to a country in which I don't speak much of the language or understand the health system, so progress has been slow. I'm hoping you all may have suggestions that can help me make progress in finding a diagnosis to start feeling better! Here's an overview:
-26 yr old white female. Only medical history is major depressive disorder for which I've been medicated for about 10 years.
- extreme fatigue (sleeping 12 hours through alarms and still needing a nap and still not rested, walking one flight of stairs and needing to lay down, tiring quickly with everyday tasks, falling asleep driving but being unable to sleep at bed time...)
- intermittent tingling in portions of face, hands and arms, one leg, neck and back
- constant consistent pressure headaches and often tenderness at temples or base of skull
- vibration/ electric sensation almost like tickling/ itching inside head at one specific spot. Comes and goes.
- tremor in hands, was worse in left but suddenly began in right recently. Worst when flexing my fingers inward... Becomes totally uncontrollable and more violent. Makes it hard to write, draw, and perform small movements involved in playing my instrument (I'm a violinist)
- stiff and painful joints and muscles. Bad in fingers. Also making issues in playing my instrument at a high level... 10 minutes of playing and I can hardly continue.
- memory is just awful. Word recall really slow, forgetting tasks in the middle of performing them, foggy thinking and trouble being focused for even small amounts of time
- heat and cold intolerant... Suddenly the past few years I've been just knocked out by higher temps (even when others don't seem to feel hot I do...). Started happening with cold too.
These are the most worrisome to me... The ones I don't understand and are causing me the biggest issues. I've had an MRI done (no results yet, i dont quite understand how to get them...) from a neuro who mentioned MS and encephalitis as possibilities. The only thought I've had us of it being thyroid related since thyroid issues run in my family.
Would be grateful for any insights anyone may have (what doctors to see, possibilities to pursue...) thanks!