Neurology Community

Was my seizure caused by low electrolytes?

Thanks for reading this..
     I am a 31-year-old male and I recently had a seizure (four days ago).   I have only had 3 seizures in my life (all grand mal) and it has been 7 years since my last..  
    The night before my recent episode I had severe muscle cramps in my legs.  I was under an enormous amount of stress and I hadn't slept for 2 nights or eaten/drank for 3 days.  Could overexertion mixed with an extremely poor diet (practically non-existant) be the cause of this last seizure?   Possibly hypokalemia (low K), hyponatremia (low Na), etc.?

A little history:    
- All 3 seizures I've had have been on the first day of work or school.
- Blood was drawn in the ER and the Dr. said there were no indications.  I'm not sure if he ran a metabolic panel though.  Blood glucose, EKG, and CT scan were all normal.
- I currently take a low dose of adderall to help with my extremely heavy school schedule
- For the past 2 years I have experiencing numbness/tingling/burning in my feet.   I do not have diabetes.  This leads
      me to believe I might have periferal artery disease or some other heart or blood vessel  
      disorder.   Periferal neuropathy is most likely a symptom.

If I left anything out, please let me know.  

If anybody has had similar experiences, I would love to hear about it.   Thank you to anyone who reads or replies.        

This discussion is related to Severe Muscle Cramping.