Neurology Community
45k Members

abnormal EEG in right parietal lobe

My seven year old's symptoms include-anxiety-panic attacks-hyperventilation-says his hands and feet tingle sometimes-leg vibrating-headaches-eyes feel like they are teary for no reason-stomach pain-dizziness,
sometimes bizarre hyperactive activity...He had an EEG done and it was abnormal with spikes originating the right perietal lobe.
The report said secondarily generalized..
When he was a baby he had cyanotic breath holding spells but was never given an EEG before. I am wondering now if he was experience tonic clonic seizures at that time. How long ago does a seizure have to occur for an EEG to show up abnormal? Does anyone have anymore insight into this?
Thanks..
PS he has a 48hr EEG scheduled in 2 weeks and an MRI soon.

His teachers said he was not paying attention in class and falling asleep.. I am now homeschooling him