Neurology Community

bizarre painful head lumps and facial swelling on one side

hard lumps have been appearing on my head - hot to the touch, feeling like a knife thru my skull. They are normally all on the right, but i have had one on the left. They come and go; sometimes just leaving a dull ache sometimes lasting for 4 or so days.

I have a large, hard lump  behind my ear (omg - the tinnitus is crazy awful!) / back of neck that does not got smaller from it's current baseline, but it grows in elevation and gets hot when things flare up. The right side of my face of also swollen in the same fashion - the swelling is hard and not movable.

Three years ago my right arm started swelling (a thick, barely movable jello like thing). After a couple of years in bed, i had a PE in sept 10, and i got a new dr -he took me off my imuran and gave me fibro meds to see what was what. There was a 2 monthish period where i had both imuran and gabapentin in me, and i was up and moving! i was thrilled.

Slowly my knees got worse than before i went on imuran, as did my back, and also these swelling issues. Any help ... please!

I do not want to keep slapping a medicine on this as a bandaid - i want to know what it is,and how to fix it. I really can not take too much more - the pain gets unbearable at times!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have just developed the head lumps and face swelling on one side as well! I'm exhausted and have headaches, too. Did you ever find out what this is?