Neurology Community

peroneal nerve injury

I have a peroneal nerve injury resulting from crossing my legs.  Who would ever have thunk it.  I have all the symtoms drop foot and numbness of the outside calf starting just below the knee.  It happened about ten days ago and I am hving no pain.  I got new shoes and bought a brace.  I have not been to the doctor because I have no insurance.   My question is simple, has anyone ever gotten better?  My reseach so far has been people giving doctors a whole lot of money for no relief.

I have been using a heating pad on the area thinking an increase in blood to the area will help over time.

I would love to hear a recovery story.