Neurology Community
45k Members

possible brain tumor?

about three weeks ago, my husband's world changed, he couldn't walk without assistance he was walking at a slant like the room was spinning, the doctors leanded toward vertigo, though he has lost his hand to mouth coordination, and talked like he's drunk at times, he if very forgetful, and I most note he is only 62. He had a MRI of his neck and brain, and even though they really won't tell us what's going on, besides the fact he has had a stroke, and are trying to find the cause, they think he may have stones in his ears and want him tested for BPPV. What really confuses me is that the nurse told him on the phone that what ever he does do not have any surgeries, what does that mean? I wish I had been there when he talked to her he didn't know to ask her why, he also needs assistance with baths, dressing, toileting, walking and eating at times....Does anybody know what this could possibly be, this thing has turned our lives upside down, could it be a brain tumor? we just would like some answers, please help!
There could be many causes of your husband’s symptoms. They include brain tumour, multiple sclerosis, lyme disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, stroke, nerve compression etc. Please ask the doctor to give you a diagnosis or the MRI report. Please discuss the MRI findings with a neurologist to know the cause of the symptoms and treatment.  Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!