My 2 year old little girl suffered from mastoiditis April this year, she had antibuotics and an operation to remove the infection and insert a grommit and everything went fine. After surgery her consultant said there appeared to be a clot and she would require an mri to see the extent of the damage. The mri was completed two weeks later, she had a clot however we were told to go home and come back in September for another mri to see if it would go on its own. She is now 3 and we returned for mri no 2. The results showed absolutely no change and then we were sent home to await an appointment. I read her notes and the clot is described as sigmoid sinus thrombosis. What does this mean and what would our options be?