Neurology Community

stinging all over

In june I had to go to the ER 3 in less than 2 months. the first 2 were for a severe rash that covered my whole body, swelling, bruises, welts and painful joints. they gave me an IV with steroids, pepcid and something else. the second visit was the next day, gave me the same treatment (IV) but did blood tests and urine tests. they found that my white blood count was over 20,000. i took a round of powerful antibiotics and something else, don't remember what it was. 2 weeks later i was back in for extremely painful and swollen joints, before the antibiotics i always felt like my skin was burning up it went away after the antibiotics. now the burning feeling like i have a fever in my hands is back and my skin starts stinging so bad that i have to try scratching where it is. it wakes me and i can't sleep. Please give me some idea what it may be
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. The symptoms are probably allergic or autoimmune in origin. Both can cause skin lesions, joint pain and swelling, fever and dry skin. Diabetes and hypothyroidism are the other possibilities. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.