Neurosurgery Forum

Scuba diving with a brain tumor after a craniotomy and Cyberknife treatment

Aloha Doctors,

I am a 27 year old female living on Maui. In 2009 I was diagnosed with Diabetes Insipitus which lead to a head  MRI and the discovery of a tumor.  In March I had a crainiotomy to
remove a benign tumor from my hypothalamus.  The surgery was unsuccessful due to
the fact the tumor is highly vascularized however a sample was obtained and the tumor was determined to be a Hemangioblastoma. Then in June I underwent Cyber Knife radiation on the bottom half
of the tumor and  most likely will undergo round 2 of treatment in  December. 
I was lucky enough to not have any side effects from  treatment and I’m feeling
great!  Any thoughts on when I can return to  diving?  I’ve got my doctors
stumped and I can’t wait to get  back in the water!
Many thanks,
Hailey
no problem you can go diving any time, but just be wise there ;)
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease