Nutrition Forum

thalassemia minor

I suffer from thalassemia minor i know my haemoglobin is abnormally shaped but recently a blood test had shown low haemoglobin, is this because of thalassemia or do i suffer from something else
With Thalassemia Minor you will have mild to moderate anemia due to the abnormal formation of some hemoglobin but not all. You have the Minor trait which is less life threatening then Thalassemia Major. There is literature recommending that people with Thalassemia Minor can consume iron rich foods to help increase their hemoglobin levels, however, Major cannot. I do suggest you are followed by a Hematologist.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.