Aa
A
A
A
Close
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
3.86k Members

Fear of turning gay, Irrational Panic?

I am a 21 year old straight guy and am currently in a heterosexual relationship.

Through out the year for the last number of years i've had periods, generally lasting a week or two then stopping until i notice it happening again, where i'd feel far less attraction of women than i normally would.

Personally i have no problem with guys liking guys and if i were to be gay i wouldn't have a problem with it per se, however it wouldn't be a thing i'd be in to or would see myself partaking of.

However, during these low periods i generally feel like my sexual attraction levels towards guys are about the same as girls if not a little less, but this still freaks me out because i start to think i could be gay and that i just didn't know i was gay and i start checking out women and men to determine if i find them attractive or not to try to convince myself that i'm not gay.

For as long as i remember i've only like girls and i've never heard from my family or friends of me having crushes on anyone except girls since i was a child.

The last few days i've been in another low sexual attraction period and it's been freaking me out more than normal. I am finding it very difficult to sleep at night, i've been feeling very anxious about it with a couple of panic attacks surrounding this issue.

I saw a counselor two years ago for different but similar thoughts (intruding and irrational thoughts) and i was fine after seeing the counselor for a number of weeks, i was happy and content for about six to twelve months.

I just need some idea of what's going on, i really can't find a way to calm myself down about this because no one else i know seems to be going through this type of fluctuation.

I just want to feel my normal ordinary heterosexual self and not having myself worrying about this.

Sorry this was so long. Thanks for reading it all.  
0 Responses
Top Personality Disorder Answerers
1699033 tn?1514113133
Somewhere in, MD
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.