Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community

Obsessing over MRI contrast leak, painfull lump at IV site and possibly DVT?

I went for an MRI with and without contrast three weeks ago. The tech could not find my vein and finally when she did, she started injecting the contrast and then said she'd blown my vein. When I asked her what it meant, she said, oh your arm will get bruised. She then called in another technician who found another vein, injected the contrast and the test was done. When I got home, I noticed that my arm was bruised and swollen on the side that the vein was blown. It's been three weeks and my arm still hurts to the touch and it's still swollen. The swelling has probably gone down a bit, but not completely. It was bruised only for a week but the swelling and pain is still there. Did anyone have this happen to them? What did your doctor do as a follow up if it did happen? How long did it take for your arm to get back to normal? And also does this mean the contrast agent is still in my body? Will it cause serious complications? I am extremely worried!
Also I'm travelling on a long flight in a couple of days and now worried that this could be a blood clot which could get worse during the flight. Are my fears irrational? I keep bugging my doctor about that and just sent him an email asking him if I need an ultrasound before the flight. This is a long awaited trip for the family and I feel I'll ruin this trip with my worries and paranoia. Appreciate someone sharing their experience in a similar situation and what should I do? Is this OCD? I am a hypochondriac and now I feel I have upper back pain! and this is DVT!!! I am going crazy!
COMMUNITY LEADER
What did the doctor say?  
The doctor said it does not look like a blood clot and that for my peace of mind he can do an ultrasound when i get back from my trip. I feel I have really messed myself up with this MRI and can't keep my mind off going to crazy worse case situations
COMMUNITY LEADER
Okay, so you got some reassurance from the doc but the the reality is the REAL problem is the possible anxiety/OCD that I assume is undiagnosed?  How much do these thoughts plague you during a day...half the day, three quarters of the day?  Less?  It is very classic OCD to take things and run with them and analyze them and then take them to the nth degree and catastrophize them.  
Hi Jgf25, yes you're absolutely right. I have been obsessing over this non stop and catastrophizing it. I have convinced myself that I have NSF. My fingertips and arm has been burning. Not sure if it's just in my head. And my left arm is a shade darker than the right. I've been driving my family crazy with my arm checking the whole day!!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Then your next step is the psychologist....