Aa
A
A
A
Close
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Community
3.78k Members

Thoughts or schizophrenia?!??

OK well I have posted many questions about this but I started realizing that I didn't have it or I was just over analysing sounds. But over these last few days I keep "hearing" little things like bubbles popping  or someome cofing or a door closing ECT.sometiems its when I have just woken or am trying to fall asleep or most of the time it's when I'm in complete silence or I'm in a almost silent place. Sometimes it's very real and somtimes its very distinct.... Almost like its a thought but why would I have a thought of a sound? I'm terrified! Ugh and my anxiety keep going through the ruff because i keep thinking "well, its only a matter of time before I start hearing voices" ECT,ECT,ECT,ECT. Im  Tired of it! Any advice till I can see a doc?also what should I say to the doctor? I'm only 13.... I don't want to say anything in front of my mother tho....also I have all the symptoms of ocd so maybe it's related?
1 Responses
9784446 tn?1421340646
It is very common for ocd sufferers to check themselves for mental disorder like schizophrenia/bipolar/psychosis. Just tell the doctor about all these thoughts and other symptoms of your ocd, everything will be fine.

If you want some help before consulting a doctor you can a purchase a book"Overcoming Obsessive Thoughts: How to Gain Control of Your OCD" by christine purdon. Its a very helpful book for pure o sufferers.
Have an Answer?
Top Personality Disorder Answerers
1699033 tn?1514116733
Somewhere in, MD
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.