Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Community
9 Members

Broken lower left jaw bone

I was in a horrible car accident 4 months ago and was left with a large piece of my jaw bone removed due to a bad break.  I currently have plates in place to help support the jaw.  In 4-6 months I will be having a bone graft ( from the hip) to replace the missing jaw bone.  My questions are as follows.
1.  What type of difficulty should I expect to occur in the hip after the bone is removed.
2. does this type of treatment occur frequently and do bone grafts work best for replacing large pieces of jaw bone?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.