Aa
A
A
A
Close
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Community
9 Members

Tooth Extraction - Bone grafting

I went into the dentist last week after experiencing pain where I had previously had a root canal to find I have a large abscess under my root the size of a peanut M&M (according to Doctor). The bone is forcing the abscess to grow down toward my nerve and causing the pain. I am scheduled to have the tooth extracted Wednesday along with the bone grafting.
I am extremely nervous. The explained that because it is close to the nerve will experience temporary numbness that could last up to 6 weeks in my lip. Also that the pain will be intense and feel like I have an ear ache given it is my back molar and close to my ear. They have me SO anxious about the post operative pain I can hardly sleep. The procedure itself I am not as nervous about as I will be under twilight sedation. But with it being so close to my nerve and with what they have described I am a wreck. Can anyone prepare me for what is to come? How bad will it be?
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.