Orthopedics Community

Broken hand, I need help

I broke two metacarpals at the end of January 2014, and I paid a visit to an orthopedist about 1 1/2 months later (at the beginning of March). The bones were still broken, and they developed a callus. The orthopedist put my hand in a cast for about 3 weeks - the bones welded, but the callus was still there. I lost my mobility since then, and I was unable to lift heavy objects, or do things as I used to.
A few days ago (one week at most), I have accidentally hit my hand. It became sort of inflamed for about two days, then the inflammation cured by itself, leaving a greenish bruise instead, which eventually turned yellow (as is now). As a matter of fact, I know that the bruise was not a result of the me hitting my hand, because the blow was rather slight. And my hand hurts terribly, I am unable to lift anything - not even a coffee mug.
I am momentarily unable to see an orthopedist, so I would like some advice... what do you think might be the problem? To be honest, my hand looks very much the same as before seeing the orthopedist in March - back then, it was bruised, all yellow and green, just like it is now.
What do you recommend me to do?

Thank you very much!
Of course, you should see another orthopedic surgeon -- a hand specialist -- as your hand may require reconstructive surgery.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.