Orthopedics Community

Does my dad need to be concerned?

My dad had a knot on the inner part of his arm about the size of a golfball. He was driving home from work and had a huge cramp in his arm. He went home and rotated ice and heat on it. Woke up the next day with big bruises on his arm where the cramp was with a knot about the size of a gumball. The knot is still sore to the touch. And it hurts to do any heavy work with the arm. The bruising has been their for several days. Should he be concerned or see a doctor? o and FYI he uses this arm to swing a hammer. has been doing this for over 10 years, and this is the first incident. Before the cramp in the arm he had a bad cramp in his back that took his breath away and made him swore for a day.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.