Orthopedics Community

Elbow pain

Almost 25 years ago I fell and landed on both elbows. I could feel a floating bone chip in each of them. I did not seek medical attention at the time because i was young and invincible. My left elbow took the longest to heal (about 6 months to a year) where it remained tender and if I leaned on I would get a shooting pain.
All of these years later, my left elbow has begun to hurt again and I can feel the bone chip again near the surface of my elbow where it is just skin over bone. My question is.... Could this be the same bone chip? (I don't  remember banging it recently). Should I be getting this looked at now, or hope for it to resolve itself for another 25 years?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. The symptoms could be due to complications from a previous injury or could occur due to an unrelated episode. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, loose bodies, inflammation, injuries to tendons/ ligaments, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.