Avatar universal

How do I treat my Achilles heel injury that has caused a heel spur?

I have what I believe is a heel spur on the back of my right heel. There is a lump sticking out, not big. About 4-6 weeks ago, I started having Achilles pain & now I have a lump on my heel. The outside of the same heel, the outside of my ankle has has had some pain too. It's a little puffy, & the inside of my ankle is slightly swollen too. My heel & ankle hurt sometimes while going to sit down. Did I ruputre my Achilles tendon? How do I treat this, whatever it is issue?
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
363281 tn?1643235611
Hello~I suggest that you see either your GP or a podiatrist, they will need to take some x-rays of the foot to be able to determine exactly what is going on.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.