I am actually dealing with the same issue. I was diagnosed with the Lisfranc dislocation of my 1st metatrasal due to a gap seen on weight-bearing x-rays. The podiatrist wants to schedule me ASAP for surgery to put in screws but i think she is jumping the gun. I would like some opinions as well to help me decide what to do.
The most important thing is to diagnose the dislocation properly. If the dislocation is less than 2 mm then it can be managed by casting and immobilization for 6 weeks.
You should completely rest and avoid any weight bearing during this period.
I would suggest you to take NSAIDs and if your symptoms continue and if conservative treatment fails consider surgery.
Go to an orthopedic surgeon, asap. Lisfranc is not a "wait" type injury. Success comes from immediate action. I'm worried you missed your window now. Hopefully, you only had/have a sprain. Good luck. The biggest detriment to lisfranc success, is not dealing with it in the first 6 weeks, and that means surgery if it's a complete rupture, period... no alternates.
So, it's been a looooooong time since my injury. I'm pleased to say that I have very little pain. I ended up in a boot for two weeks, cast another two weeks, boot for 2 more. This first 6 weeks were on crutches, completely non-weight bearing. 6 more weeks in a boot, weight bearing, no crutches, but "taking it easy." All this time later the only thing I really notice is that by the end of the summer, I notice soreness more often from walking barefoot and with sandals. Also, when I take a step I notice there is a bigger gap between my first and second toe on my injured foot than on the other one. It's not painful, it just looks freaky. My ortho doc told me at the end of the twelve weeks of treatment that I most likely developed some very solid scar tissue that would hold things together. After reading about how bad a Lisfranc injury can be, I am thanking my lucky stars. I think because the displacement was so small I was able to get away without surgery. Other injuries might not be so lucky. I may still need some sort of surgery or bone fusion down the road, but it was my understanding that most of the time this injury ends in a bone fusion anyway. So as to not jinx myself, I still have my boot and the crutches. I think getting rid of them would be bad luck. Hope those with this injury find relief. :)