Aa
A
A
A
Close
Orthopedics Community
12.7k Members

Patellar Tendon Injury

I was diagnosed with a moderate partial-thickness tendon tear, intrasubstance/moderate patellar tendinosis, grade 3. I am 18 years old, a professional ballet dancer, and it took about 3 months to get to this degree of chronic injury. It has been about 14 weeks (3 months and 2 weeks) since initial rest and I have not danced. There has been a decrease in pain and inflammation, but I have gotten several sonograms/ultrasonic images of the tendon and it has not improved. The normal striations are not there and there is still a 7mm hole (vertical thickness) right at the insertion of the tendon. My other knee's tendon is 3mm. I have been doing therapy for 3 months, began to do eccentric angled squats for 2 weeks. I am hoping that within the next month or weeks that the eccentrics will increase normal collagen production. We have also been questioning whether or not I should get surgery now or in another 3 months (a total of 6 months)?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.