Orthopedics Community

Patellar Tendon Injury

I was diagnosed with a moderate partial-thickness tendon tear, intrasubstance/moderate patellar tendinosis, grade 3. I am 18 years old, a professional ballet dancer, and it took about 3 months to get to this degree of chronic injury. It has been about 14 weeks (3 months and 2 weeks) since initial rest and I have not danced. There has been a decrease in pain and inflammation, but I have gotten several sonograms/ultrasonic images of the tendon and it has not improved. The normal striations are not there and there is still a 7mm hole (vertical thickness) right at the insertion of the tendon. My other knee's tendon is 3mm. I have been doing therapy for 3 months, began to do eccentric angled squats for 2 weeks. I am hoping that within the next month or weeks that the eccentrics will increase normal collagen production. We have also been questioning whether or not I should get surgery now or in another 3 months (a total of 6 months)?
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.