Orthopedics Community

Recovery from simultaneous big toe fusion and brevis tendon repair m

May 15th, I had my big right toe fused with 2 plates and a screw  (due to severe osteoarthritis ). At the same time I had my torn brevis tendon repaired. I had been on short term disability since December because of this foot and carpal tunnel /ulnar nerve surgery in March. I couldn't return to work within 6 months and lost my job /insurance of nearly 10 years. Thank goodness they removed the cast for me, but I can't afford physical therapy and am having terrible trouble walking, severe redness from ankle to toes and severe edema. I'm about to lose my mind. The doctor told me to apply for assistance and gave me a prescription for physical therapy. He asked that I come back in 4 weeks. I applied for Medicaid online, but haven't heard. I'm afraid my foot will heal improperly with no pt and no follow ups. How long is recovery from this type operation. Standing more than 5 minutes is excruciating. Please, any help, feedback etc..
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.