Orthopedics Community

Why do some people have slow Joints from crashing, and others sudden?

I just wrote to one of the orthos about my SERIOUS SUDDEN AS IN ACUTE ( NEVER HAD A PROBLEM OR PAIN
IN MY SHOULDER, OR UPPER LEFT ARM OF THE LEFT SHOULDER AM REFERRING TO HERE BEFORE FEB.
OF 2010.  I'm very frustrated, and will be more so if I find out at the ER that this severe torturous pain or ( same kind
of level of pain which is beyond unbearable, and while it may sound dramatic to doctors unless a doctor or caregiver to patients with bone, or joint problems have any ( respectfully you just can't relate). So we patients are then subjected to endless testing, and x rays most x rays are unnecessary you can only see very specific items on an x ray, and the same goes for C Scans and MRI's how I know is (living through it for four years).  
Very simply why can't we catch this before it becomes operable?  
Do you know Dr. who is reading my post that only just this year did my east coast primary run a blood test on all my Vitamin levels with Vitamin D level the most important.  
No doctor, ortho, spine dr., resident, physical medicine doctor, and all those good hard working doctors in the hospitals that see thousands of patients in the course of one week God Bless them!....
Not one doctor before my second hip started exhibiting the same symptomistic levels of pain my right side did
I'm the AVN girl with ( no pain that was severe enough to call in the troops until my hip just collapsed and then
had to have my right hip replaced), then a year later the left side was resurfaced when it should have been
replaced because I'm in tremendous pain now on the left side and nobody will ever know it it is because I had
no cartilage there before my left hip surgery which I understood would not include any metal in my body or I
would have just said replace it.  
Doctors my Vitamin D level was zero.  No level and I have butterfly designs on my face today and some days
I do and some days I don't and I've reported this because deep down I believe I have Lupus or some other
form of cancer of the bone NOBODY IS CATCHING SO HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASE AND TELL ME
WHERE TO GO ON THE EAST COAST NEAR LONG ISLAND, NY  TO BE CARED FOR BY THE RIGHT
DOCTORS.  
I'm saying that not having any Vitamin D in my body say for years prior the the sudden onset of my pronounced
alleged illnesses easy to just say it's 'just this or just that' Do any of you realize how much pain patients are in
daily?  and yet get tossed aside by he medical community to ' oh you just have arthritis get yourself a cane,
and in ten years you'll need surgery one doctor said that to me five months before I researched the very best
doctor to care for me pre, during, and post hip surgery.  
I'm in do much pain right now I could just scream, and know if I go to the ER I'll be yanked at and stabbed with
needles (nobody ever gets a needle in me the first time so now I have to demand a multi specialist).  
So
Why can't I hold my arm up to type all of this? or find any position that would make me feel better to get some
work done.  I was just about to start a business when my lower lumbar got worse, and for two weeks before
I saw my pain or physical medicine doctor I had horrible cervical headaches...until Feb. 4th when my good
Dr. gave me a shot in my cervical neck, but then my shoulder got worse and then I couldn't lift my arm from
my waist two to three inches without severe pain.  The shot has worn off in my neck, and I was told by a spine
specialist at the hospital I'm going to God help me tomorrow " get used to the meds honey or you'd have to
have disk surgery on every level of your spine" end quote..and this Dr. was a spine specialist with a high high
profile reputation in this community of medical help, and within the hospital.  
Before putting a new team together in my original state of birth to take over my pain management I had great
doctors in pain management who took care of me...and the DEA says if the doctor deems your care appropriate
they can prescribe whatever they like if it is going to help you stabilize.  Recently I declined my doctors recommendation to to up on the extended release medication ( which helps me more then the tylenol with oxycodone used for breakthrough pain mainly because it's so difficult to get it approved overall so this patient
is suffering.  CAN THE SHOULDER JOINT SEVERITY OF PAIN, THE INABILITY TO LIFT AND I SAY ALL
OF THIS CAME ON SUDDENLY ABOUT THE 3RD OR 4TH OF FEB AND I DID REPORT TO MY DR. ON THE
4TH WHEN I HAD MY VISIT MY SHOULDER WAS BOTHERING ME BUT MY NECK WAS THE PRIMARY CONCERN.  THE SHOT I GOT IN THE NECK TOOK ALL THE SUFFERING I HAD BEEN GOING THROUGH
AWAY, AND IT STILL HOLDING BUT WEARING OFF.  
BUT THEN THE SHOULDER PAIN, AND THE SCREAMING PAIN I HAD WHEN I MOVED MY LEFT ARM, AND
LEFT SHOULDER ANY WHICH WAY UP OR DOWN MOTIONS, AND AM NOT ABLE TO LIFT THE ARM TO
PUT ON A TEE SHIRT.
SO I'VE TAKEN MY PAIN MEDS TODAY FOR THE AREAS OF PAIN IN MY SPINE, AND LEFT HIP AS IT WAS
PRESCRIBED FOR, AND THE SHOULDER IS LIKE THIS ALBATROSS OR ALIEN SOMEHOW NOT FEELING ANY RELIEF WHATSOEVER.

Please help me figure this out any ideas, or tests you believe will help me to suggest when I get to the ER will
be greatly appreciated.

I have the utmost respect and grattitude to all those who have read my concerns and attempted to help me.

Thank you,
Sara
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.