dislocation or jam

being a volleyball player for many years i have had a lot happen to my fingers in the way of dislocating them at the joint and or jamming them. well about a month ago i was playing softball and was hit in the hand with a fast pitch. like i said about four weeks later and the joint is still really large and purple and there is no room for it to wiggle at all also it does move but even if it feels like im making it straight it maintains a curved look. from the joint up its completely normal looking and skinny, the joint down is huge. i dont have insurance right now and wondering if i should shell out the cash or wait for it to lose some swelling on its own. any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
     Since 7-8 weeks I am having pain in my wrist, I dint had a fall but I guess something might have had happen at work, cause I do kind of labour work.  The wrist doesnt look swollen, but when I move the wrist I hear bones grinding and when i try holding or lifting something I feel severe pain in it.  What should I do I dont have insurance? Now sometimes i get pain in my elbow also. Thankyou for any help.
Helpful - 0
Hello dear,
The wrist pain  may be due to the following causes-
• Tendonitis is a common problem that can cause wrist pain and swelling. Wrist tendonitis is due to inflammation of the tendon sheath. Treatment of wrist pain caused by tendonitis usually does not require surgery.
• Sprain
Wrist sprains are common injuries to the ligaments around the wrist joint. Sprains can cause problems by limiting the use of our hands.
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is the condition that results from dysfunction of one of the nerves in the wrist. In carpal tunnel syndrome the median nerve is compressed, or pinched off, as it passes through the wrist joint.
• Arthritis
Arthritis is a problem that can cause wrist pain and difficulty performing normal activities. There are several causes of arthritis, and fortunately there are a number of treatments for wrist arthritis.
• Fractures
A wrist fracture is a common orthopedic injury. Patients who sustain a broken wrist may be treated in a cast, or they may need surgery for the fracture
You should get an evaluation done.
Refer http://orthopedics.about.com/od/handwrist/a/wristpain.htm
Best
Helpful - 0
Hello dear,
• Sprain
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Arthritis
• Fractures
You should get an evaluation done.
Best

12

You need very rigrous physiotherapy.it will help you regaining your  strength as much as possible.Also you should follow up your orthopedic physician regularly .You should consult a pain clinic and discuss in detail with the physiotherapist a bout the type of exercises to be done.
Best

13 http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/565881
Hello Dear,
R-Cinex 600  is to be taken in empty stomach, 1 hr before or 2 hr after meals.
Refer http://www.drugs.com/ppa/rifampin.html
Best
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Orthopedics Community

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.