Orthopedics Community
12.7k Members
429171 tn?1205560206

low back pain


    I was just wondering if I could ask my doctor for another type of imaging in my lower back including S1 joints?I already had 2 mri's and 2 x-rays and different reading? I am seeing 2 different doctor and had 2 different diagnosis..Pain meds are not helping, Nsaids meds too.still having low back pain and pain down to my foot and hip..

thank you
1 Responses
Avatar universal
What are the diagnosises?  I have had ostio arthritis in my hips for 8 years.  The doctor did X-rays of my lower back and hips and found the arthristis is my hip joints.  I have suffered long and hard and then got hooked on tylonal and codeine that you can get over the counter without a script, because my doctor would not give me any pain meds.  I finally talked to my doctor and last Thursday he shot both my hips with cortisone.  I am in no pain now but still addicted to the pain meds.  I am trying to wean off slowly.  

I am just saying if it is arthritis that is the culprit for your pain.  Cortisone may be a possibility for you.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.