Any survivors with baby(ies)?

Hi there!  This is my first time posting to this forum.  I am 35, and had ovarian cancer with surgery plus chemo when I was 26.  They removed the bad ovary and fallopian tube, but luckily I still have the good ovary and uterus.  It appears my periods are fairly normal now (recently had issues with heavy/prolonged and lack of periods)... so I was wondering if any of you girls out there had luck conceiving a child after the surgery and/or chemo?  If so, how long did it take to conceive?  Did fertility therapies help?  
Thanks!  
take care everybody~
K
There are GYN Oncologists who specialize in fertility. I looked it up on the computer locally. I never had children but I can imagine how important it would be. Many GYN Oncologists focus on the cancer and not fertility.

Alex
Hey there, I have a beautiful boy after having ovarian cancer.  I had stage 1c, removed one ovary and fallopian tube.  I had 6 months of chemo, followed by 6 months without.  I got pregnant within the year and had a healthy boy.  I didn't have to have fertility treatments, I monitored my ovulation closely.  Good luck :)

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.