Ovarian Cancer Community

I have a Complex Hemorrhagic Ovarian cyst should I be worried?

Hi all,
I’m 21 years old and recently went to my GP complaining of noticeable (but not severe) pain over my right ovary. I had also missed my last period and had dark discharge for around a week instead.
I was sent to get an Ultrasound. The report notes that “there is a 60 x 60 x 42 mm well-defined hypoechoic lesion in the right ovary with cystic centre. It may represent endometrioma with haemorrhage or complex haemorrhagic cyst. Follow up ultrasound in 2-3 months’ time is recommended. If it is a haemorrhagic cyst it should reduce in size.”
This is the first time I had heard of these conditions and I am panicking. After scouring the web, I couldn’t find many statistics relating more specifically to complex, haemorrhagic cysts.
Should I be worried? I’m travelling overseas soon to a non-English speaking country and also worry about possible torsion or rupturing.
Complex, haemorrhagic cysts seem to have a possible link to cancer whereas endometria is related to infertility. How common are these issues?
My cyst seems quite large to resolve itself. Is it possible to just get it removed?
Thanks for the help
98% of all cysts are not cancer. In a lifetime if you do not have the BRCA gene you have a 1.4% of getting ovarian cancer in a lifetime. Your age also makes it less likely that it is cancer.

I would talk to the doctor about the risk of torsion or rupture. The internet can be a great tool and it can also scare you have to death. Talk to your doctor. Write down questions so you do not forget them.

Alex
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.