Is this ovarian cancer

Hi, I am a 53 year old woman, I have ibs and ulcerative colitis for 20 odd years, over the last year I have not been feeling great, I ache so much, my neck, arm muscles, bum and thigh muscles and lower back hurt like hell in the mornings, some days i find it hard to get out of bed, let alone dress myself from the waist down, I have always suffered from bloating and abdominal pain because of my tummy problems, recently i have been having more bloating and left sided tummy pains, I went to the doctors and was given a physio appointment and muscular skeletal appointment, which is next week and week after, I went back to the doctors Monday because of my tummy, he Sent me for an ovarian cancer blood test and said to come back to discuss results, I have been going out of my mind with worry so rang on Thursday to ask about results, the receptionist said the blood test was fine but I was still to keep my appointment. The bloating i get comes and goes ,it's not constant and I can suck my tummy in ok, I know the test result was ok but still can't help worrying, do my symptoms sound like ovarian cancer
Hello and welcome to the forum.  We are glad you are here but are sorry you have to ask this worrying question!  First, very glad you are on top of your health and already working with a doctor.  This is really important.  I am also glad that the ovarian cancer test, or C125 marker test is 'fine' but would like more information on that when you get it.  I'm sure you will discuss that when you see your doctor.  It's important to ask any and every question you may have when you see them and perhaps taking someone with you to take notes would be helpful.  They may choose to do the marker test if they only did general blood work or to do a CT scan if they feel that is necessary.  I'm going to assume you've already had a pelvic exam.  Here is some information regarding the signs of ovarian cancer. https://www.webmd.com/ovarian-cancer/what-are-ovarian-cancer-symptoms

Why ovarian cancer is so often not diagnosed until late stages is that the signs and symptoms are very basic and can be attributed to other things.  Which also means that your symptoms could be due to other things than ovarian cancer. Your symptoms are also that of the diagnosis you already have, ulcerative colitis.  

But it is in your best interest to dig deeper as you are since you have some changes in symptoms now.  I'll be thinking of you at your appointment and look forward to hearing how it goes.
We do hope you return to let us know how you are doing.  Best of health to you.

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.