Ovarian Cysts Community

Left ovary is no where to be found

I had one cyst discovered on my right ovary in September I was re tested in November and it was 8.3 cm.  I have had 2 ER visits due to the pain and now there saying my right ovary has 2 cysts and not one and they are shrinking in size.  One ER visit said they measure 6.5x6.8x4.8 with a new cystic lesion with internal echoes most consistant with a hemhoragic cyst measuring 4.3x5.1x3.7....My question is in all the CT"S (2) The left ovary is not visualized and in all the transvaginal ultrasounds I have had the left ovary is not visualized. Why? and I am telling them I am having left side pain also...so I kinda need them to find it so I can het answers as to why I am having pain
COMMUNITY LEADER
It can be difficult to visualize ovaries on imaging because they are so small, the size of an almond. In most cases, there is nothing concerning going on. This explanation is helpful - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24271077.