I'm a 47-year old female, who just had a transvaginal ultrasound to work up possible ovarian cysts after a syncopal episode that lined up with my cycle. Also, my mother had aggressive clear cell ovarian cancer, so good to have a baseline. My last ultrasound was from May 11, four days ago. Results were "Nothing to worry about." But this morning, post-bowel movement I started spotting. It's progressed to moderate flow with clots throughout the day. My last cycle started April 28th, and was unremarkable. This bleeding is about ten days early for me. Could this be a ruptured cyst? Thank you!
Recent US results below
- Size: 8.1 x 3.2 x 4.4 cm
- Myometrium: No focal mass
- Endometrium: 0.6 cm. There is minimal layering along the lining with the asymmetrical thickening resolved, with no focal soft tissue mass or hyperemia.
- Ovary: 2.3 x 1.1 x 2.2 cm
- Cyst: It has subcentimeter follicles with no flow in the follicles on color Doppler.
- Other: No
- Ovary: 3.7 x 3 x 3.6 cm
- Cyst: Simple cyst is 3.3 x 2.9 x 3.1 cm without flow on color Doppler.
- Other: 2nd simple cyst is 1 x 0.9 x 1 cmwithout flow on color Doppler and partially exophytic and unchanged from the ultrasound in January.
Free Fluid: No
1. Normal-appearing uterus with endometrial stripe 0.6 cm with no mass along the lining
2. Dominant follicle of left ovary
3. Stable probable para ovarian cyst of the left ovary