Ovarian Cysts Community

ovarian cysts

hi, just looking for some reassurance.  I am 41 I have  just found out I have ovarian cysts through a CAT scan. I was told one was enlarged.  they measured it on the scan at 3x6.  no family history of cancer,  and I have 4 kids. I usually go to my regular pap smears but I missed a year for the first time. All others have been normal.  I made an appointment with my Gyno and she said that seems a little odd because most are round.  so she thinks it may be the imaging or it may be squished. she says cat scans aren't really good for this because the area is just to small to see very well. so I have a tv ultra sound coming up. my symptoms have been  on and off pain in the lower abdomen, nausea and lower back pain here and there although that seems to be going away.   I also had a sm kidney stone, but I think that finally past. I have high anxiety and worry about things and I am triggered mostly by medical things.. so  this is driving me crazy.  it  will have been almost two weeks since I saw her first and my ultra sound coming up, I worry it might be something bad..  but everyone probably worries... I  just don't know what to expect. my friend had one and it went away in 3 months, my mom had two removed surgically
COMMUNITY LEADER
The odds are definitely in your favor as most cysts are not cancerous and most go away on their own. Hopefully, monitoring via periodic u/s will show the cyst shrinking and eventually going away. Keep us posted on how this plays out.