PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
738 Members

Answer me, literally..

I was diagnosed with PTSD, under the name gulf war illness. Although these symptoms have developed progressively after such time, I do not assign responsibility to any traumatic event in my recollection. Depressed baseline of thinking and general mode of operation. A common interpretation  of though pattern to most dilemmas is a feeling of overwhelmed anxiety as to the effort involved with problem solving. Casting off all reponsibilty is common to relieve stress. This leaves a marked depression in mood and actions, which leads into an episode of major depression. No manic phases observed. I respond negatively to SSRI's, MAOI's and SNRI's (disassociative  anxiety). Benzodiazepines have been used for initial response anxiety, but are eventually retroactive in treatment of depressed though pattern. Thoughts on treatment?
its unfortunate to not respond to meds I have PTSD for twenty years I take Zoloft it really helps me maybe try meds again its trial& error to find the right combo k :)