2 under 2

Hey mummys to be just after a little advice. My son just turned 1 and have recently found out im due with number 2 in February. How have other mums adjusted to having two and do you have any tips to make life easier as a mum of 2 :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
On the tips well I'm not sure because every baby is different
Helpful - 1
Just had my 2nd. My eldest is 2 and a half. I was most worried about her not liking her baby sister and not wanting to share time with me. It's been good so far. I started calling our new little one, her baby ('your baby is so cute,' or 'what do you think of your baby?' Things like that) and I think that's helped. The biggest thing is teaching them to be soft with the new baby!! At 2, they can be kinda rough, so start teaching about that early. Let them help you with the new baby, like asking them to grab you something for them, such as diapers, or burp wrag. It's a simple task, but they will love to feel like they are helping with their new baby. Good luck, you'll do great!
Helpful - 0
I just had my 2nd baby. I have a 20 month old too. So far my husband and I take turns and help each other out. He hasn't returned to work yet, so it'll probably be an adjustment when he does. The good thing is my toddler sleeps all night in her own crib, and is working on potty training. She has already went in the potty a couple of times. She loves to tell me when the baby is crying, and yells "Baby!" When she sees her. My advice would be to just take it one day at a time, eventually everyone will get used to each other and learn how to fit together.
Helpful - 0
My son is 16 months. He sleeps in his own bed in his own room. We will be getting a double stroller and I'm due in 2 months. My sister did it herself were less than 1 1/2 apart.
Helpful - 0
I'm due in September with my 4th. My youngest will be 2 in August and my older girls are 5 and 8 so this is going to be the closest age gap I've had between them. I'm trying to get my boy sleeping in his own room at night just to try make it a little easier when baby arrives. Apart from that i don't really know what to expect the first few months.
Helpful - 0
My son will be 1 in 5days and my daughter will be 1month in 1day.

It's not that hard but her sleeping schedule is during the day and my sons and I is at night.
Also having a 2 door and only 1 seater stroller is difficult.
But I think it's not as hard because you've already experienced having a baby so the 2nd time it shouldn't be too hard but that's how I feel
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community