Constipated baby!!! Help pls

What can i do!!?? Ive tried soo many things already & nothing seems to be helping i rubbed his thighs gave him a little water to drink gave him medecine and nothing he is still crying in pain & i know its that because he pushes gets really red and then nothing comes out & he starts screaming
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
They do make baby enemas,  they are specifically made for babies and pre measured. My parents use to give it to my sister quite frequently, she out grew it eventually. I think you can get out from Wal-Mart, and Walgreens. Another thing to try is move his legs like he's riding a bike, the movement helps the stomach to relax and works wonders if they have gas pain.
Helpful - 0
Try glycerin suppositories. My ped recommended then when my first couldn't go. We found them at walgreens for infants and children, but they told us you can use an adult one if you can't find baby ones just cut it in half. I had to help him til he was about 3 months old. I ended up using coconut oil for him daily, just a little on his tounge and after a few days he was able to start going on his own.
Helpful - 0
When that would happen to my son i would try giving him a little juice and lay him on his back while i pushed his legs back and forth. You can also rub his belly
Helpful - 0
What I did with my daughter was I cooked a few pieces of onions in a little bit of olive oil once the onion looked cooked I took it out and let the olive oil cool down then give my daughter about a teaspoon of that oil
Helpful - 0
Small bit of sugar in water will work wonders :)
Helpful - 0
Yup I second the sugar in water. I believed I used a bit of brown sugar in water. I also remember pushing my daughter's legs up when she was trying to go and could see the end of the poo and got a wet wipe and pulled it out. A little gross but helped her heaps!!
Helpful - 0
Some parents don't like this because the babies grow a dependency on it. I would take a q-tip and put some petroleum jelly on the tip enough to cover the entire tip. Then place the whole white tip in and wiggle it giving them the sensation to go. The jelly would help so no bleeding or soreness. I only did this in dier needs. This does no harm just like getting there temp taken
Helpful - 0
I would not do any of this without doctor supervision.  I don't know how old your baby is but you need to speak to your pediatrician for guidance.  No one here is a doctor and you would not want to do something that your doctor doesn't think is a good idea.  So, please contact your doctor.  They take calls-----  all pediatricians have an after hours answering service.  You leave your message of help needed (non emergency but need call back within an hour) and your phone number.  Doctor will call and you tell them the situation.  I've done it many times and this is what a doctor wants--- to be able to help their patients with an issue like this.  good luck hon
Helpful - 0
x
Helpful - 0
My bby is two months
Helpful - 0
Okay, I really think you need to call your doctor.  Some of this advice would make me very nervous for you to just try without supervision of your baby's doctor.  Let us know what your doctor says.

Helpful - 0
How much sugar & water?? Like have him drink it or just dip his paci in it? Hes two months old
Helpful - 0
Bump
Helpful - 0
Supermom,  is there some reason you don't want to call your doctor?

You've tried a LOT of things to get this baby to poop, and it hasn't worked, and I see you're also asking about Milk of Magnesia in another thread.

This warrants a call to the doc,  not just further info from the public about medications or other things to get the baby to ingest.
Helpful - 0
I completely agree.  This is a young baby and I would not be giving my baby sugar and water, placing q tips in their rectum. etc. unless a doctor told me to.  You DON'T want to create more problems with strangers home remedies.  Call your doctor hon.  good luck
Helpful - 0
I took him to the ER  yesterday and they just told me to buy the milk of magnesia and they told me it would work wonders & right away and i gave it to him as soon as we got out of the Er yesterday and it still hasnt worked he is still screaming in pain and hes like hungry but then i give him his bottle and as soon as he takes the first sip i guess he gets cramps and he lets go of it and starts crying again :\
Helpful - 0
Ugh, I'd go back to the ER.  Do you have a regular doctor for the baby?
Helpful - 0
Yes he does but the clinic is closed today so im just gonna take him to the er again
Helpful - 0
Yes, and then tomorrow---  go to your own doctor for follow up and a game plan.  good luck
Helpful - 0
Thank you soo much i hate seeing him like this  
Helpful - 0
Yes, it is distressing when they cry in pain. Sorry he is hurting (and mama too).  
Helpful - 0
I heard the if u put Vaseline on the baby butt where the poop comes out from then that should make it easier for the baby to pass the stool.... It sounds weird but I think it's logical..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community