Has anyone ever experienced their newborn spitting up gasping for air and milk coming out of their nose after a feeding. It's really scary this is the second time it has happened and it seems to last forever with her continuous crying and her face turn bright red. When it happens I try my best not to panic I lay her on my lap and burp her really really well. Like I said its scary to watch and i know its not normal I dnt know if its the milk or what. Has anyone else experienced this similar situation with their baby
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'd ask for a medical opinion on this one. She may just be very greedy and getting rid of the excess milk/wind too quickly to cope with. But as a mum of 4 I have not come across this, I'd speak to my doctor if one of mine did this. Do you wind her through the bottle or give it all at once? If you don't currently wind her regularly, try stopping every ounce or so to get some wind out.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
My son will choke sometimes bc I have a heavy let down. Maybe what you are experiencing is a more extreme version of that (if you bf). Maybe something to do with reflux. Definitely contact your ped.  
Helpful - 0
Thank u ladies I believe u figured it out she is doing much better now
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community