Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Has anyone ever experienced their newborn spitting up gasping for air and milk coming out of their nose after a feeding. It's really scary this is the second time it has happened and it seems to last forever with her continuous crying and her face turn bright red. When it happens I try my best not to panic I lay her on my lap and burp her really really well. Like I said its scary to watch and i know its not normal I dnt know if its the milk or what. Has anyone else experienced this similar situation with their baby
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1905116 tn?1444425264
I'd ask for a medical opinion on this one. She may just be very greedy and getting rid of the excess milk/wind too quickly to cope with. But as a mum of 4 I have not come across this, I'd speak to my doctor if one of mine did this. Do you wind her through the bottle or give it all at once? If you don't currently wind her regularly, try stopping every ounce or so to get some wind out.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
My son will choke sometimes bc I have a heavy let down. Maybe what you are experiencing is a more extreme version of that (if you bf). Maybe something to do with reflux. Definitely contact your ped.  
Helpful - 0
Thank u ladies I believe u figured it out she is doing much better now
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community

Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.