Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How does your baby sleep?

Hi ladies I just wanted some opinions on what you guys might think about letting your baby sleep in a swing. My daughter is a week old and sleeps for about 2 hours at a time, but I noticed she tends to sleep longer in her swing. I thought about letting her sleep in her swing at night since she stays asleep longer in it but my husband says no. What are your thoughts about having your baby in a swing sleeping? We try to put her in her bassinet but she will not even sleep 5 min in it so she sleeps with us.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My baby slept in her swing of and on. I think its safer then letting her Sleep with you I would be scared.
Helpful - 0
I would be worried about letting her sleep in the swing. My sin didn't like the basinet either but I wrapped one of my shirts around a stuff animal and put it in with him to pretend he smelled me in bed next to him. Try that if not be cautious and let her sleep with u.
Helpful - 0
A baby's airways get restricted when in a carseat, which is why it is not recommended to leave them in there very long. Im assuming that sonce swing are similar shapes, it is also not whats best.
Co-sleeping is the best, especially if breastfeeding. My son is now 3 months and has been with us since beginning. Unless you are drunk or on drugs, or extremely tired, there is no risk.
If you look up statistically there is not much stating parents rolling on their baby and killing it.
Think about it, if your husband holds his fist on the bed, and you roll on to it in your sleep, not confortable at all, so its a reflex to turn back. Same thing with a baby.
Don't put blankets/comforters on the baby and limit the number of pillows. Make sure the heat isn't on overkill either because they have linked sids to heat.
Helpful - 0
My baby is now 9 months old and I still put her in the swing becauqe she likes it. She sleeps either there or with us and not in her cot because she gets up within minutes there. There is no harm in letting ur baby sleep in the swibg as lobg as she feeks comfortable there.
Helpful - 0
2080231 tn?1444933585
I've known tons of women who let their babies sleep in swings and my son slept in his swing sometimes. He also slept in his carseat with his neck support some nights (he had a bassinet and a crib, but sometimes he would scream unless he was in it). He's a healthy three year old. Make sure that baby's airway isn't at risk of becoming constricted and you're fine.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community

Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.