How much you feed a 2-3day old newborn.

Sol first let me tell you I bottle feed. When I first started feeding her she didn't Wat past the 10 ML Mark sometimes 20 during one feeding(day 1). Now however (day 2) she wats practically a whole 50ML IN ABOUT 45 MIN to an hour time span. Every 2 or 3 hours I wana say. But she is only 2 days old.. Is this normal feeding amounts? If it has anything to do with this... her weight was 6 pounds 13 oz on Dec 13 when I delivered and now Dec 15 she was weighed this morning before I left the hospital and she is 6 pounds 8 oz.
If she has five to six wet diapers in a day and one or two bowel movements, and if when she goes in for her first well-baby check her weight gain is at the normal rates, everything should be fine.
My little guy is 3 days old today and my pediatrician said 2-3 oz per feeding. I feed on demand so no schedule, I always offer breast or bottle when he wakes up and is moving around and let him eat what he wants. If he over eats he will spit it up which isnt a big deal unless he is projectile vomiting. I'm also breast feeding but my milk has been a little slow coming in so I've been supplementing formula. Good luck!

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community