Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How much you feed a 2-3day old newborn.

Sol first let me tell you I bottle feed. When I first started feeding her she didn't Wat past the 10 ML Mark sometimes 20 during one feeding(day 1). Now however (day 2) she wats practically a whole 50ML IN ABOUT 45 MIN to an hour time span. Every 2 or 3 hours I wana say. But she is only 2 days old.. Is this normal feeding amounts? If it has anything to do with this... her weight was 6 pounds 13 oz on Dec 13 when I delivered and now Dec 15 she was weighed this morning before I left the hospital and she is 6 pounds 8 oz.
2 Responses
134578 tn?1614729226
If she has five to six wet diapers in a day and one or two bowel movements, and if when she goes in for her first well-baby check her weight gain is at the normal rates, everything should be fine.
My little guy is 3 days old today and my pediatrician said 2-3 oz per feeding. I feed on demand so no schedule, I always offer breast or bottle when he wakes up and is moving around and let him eat what he wants. If he over eats he will spit it up which isnt a big deal unless he is projectile vomiting. I'm also breast feeding but my milk has been a little slow coming in so I've been supplementing formula. Good luck!
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community

Top Parenting Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
6 essential foods for new moms (and their newborns!)
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.