I gotta question

So I'm feeding my new born baby I do 4oz formula . and than whenever I burp him he throws up the milk and than burp is this normal ? Sorry I'm a new mommy
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
How old is your baby? Newborn but how old? You might need to switch formula brands. Stay away from soy. People say to try soy if the baby seems like he/she has a sensitive stomach but honestly, there's just way too much stuff I formula that their tiny stomachs can handle, one of which I read is taurine n it makes you wonder why a newborn would need taurine or even L-carnitine. These are found in energy drinks for adults. I suggest you try organic such as Hones brand. Yes a little more expensive than regular formula but at least you know your baby isn't getting crap. Similac, enfamil, and gerber And whatever else u can buy cheap is usually no good. Can I ask why you aren't breastfeeding? Or are you mixing both? No judgement. Just curious
Helpful - 0
Also, try feeding 2 oz at a time. Their stomachs are so tiny, they cannot take a lot at once. After the first two burp your baby n wait half an hour. Then feed the rest and burp again.
Helpful - 0
Oops, in my first comment, meant to type 'there's way too much in formula that their tiny stomachs Can't handle'.
Helpful - 0
I feed him the similac formula . and sometimes I breast feed him. I give birth to him November 23rd. He just spits them out after his milk is all done
Helpful - 0
My daughter had the same problem, I took her to the doctor and they said it was just bad acid reflex and switched her formula. They ended up putting her on a.r. which is just a heavier formula  and it's easier to keep down. It ended up working because she stopped spitting up. Maybe just ask your doctor about it and see what they say.
Helpful - 0
Try only feeding him 2 oz. My daughter was born on the first and she drinks 3oz at a time but she isnt spitting up so the doctor said thats fine because she was born such a big baby. Maybe he is full and it may be a lot for him at once. Mention it to your doctor and see what she/he says. I thought i was going to have to put my daughter on a formula for sensative tummy because she was pooping after she ate all the time but the doctor said it's normal so just talk with your doctor.  
Helpful - 0
I would say like most suggestions 2 oz at a time and remember formula and breast milk are different. Formula is a lot thicker than breast milk so if the baby can handle 4 oz of breastmilk thats okay. I would definitely mention it to the doctor
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community